CEO Dr. Lisa Su highlights tantalizing tidbits for AMD’s future in research, entertainment, gaming and its business horizon.
AMD President, Dr. Lisa Su, took stage today on CES 2021 and delivered her keynote regarding the future outlook for AMD.
Highlights of CES 2021 Regarding AMD’s Future Horizon
- Rapid acceleration in video collaboration (Zoom, Cisco Webex, Microsoft teams) contributing the demand for high performance computing. AMD is strengthening its place in PC, Gaming, and Datacenter sectors.
- Next level of Microsoft ($MSFT) and AMD ($AMD) Partnership.
- Next level of Hewlett Packard ($HP) and AMD ($AMD) Partnership.
- Announced AMD Ryzen 5000 Series Mobile Processors for thin and light laptops (AMD Ryzen 5800U, latest processor chip for notebooks).
Dr. Su announced the release of AMD Ryzen 5000 Series, specifically 5900HX and the 5980HX mobile processors. “AMD has a rich history and deep ties to the gaming computing,” says Dr. Su to remind consumers that they are committed to the gaming world, their “HX Series raises the bar” for gaming, especially in the context of notebooks.
Strengthening Partnerships with AMD.
“AMD’s MOMENTUM IS INCREDIBLE” – Microsoft Chief Product Officer Panos Panay.
- Microsoft continues to work with AMD in their gaming (XBOX) and datacenter (Azure, teams) world as well as HP, Lucasfilm, Mercedes-Benz, and Lenovo.
- Lucasfilm will continue to use AMD and high performance computing to develop CGI in their Star Wars franchise.
- HP and Lenovo continues to work on their partnership to build their notebooks with AMD’s new processors.
- AMD Powered Sony PlayStation 5
- Mercedes-Benz has only few partnerships with technology advantage AMD is not just hardware but AMD is affecting performance dynamics.
AMD Looks to Break $100 Share Price as it Rides to All-Time Highs. Will we break past it after today’s CES 2021?